Friday, July 29, 2011

The Power of FAITH

For the past couple of days, I would like to say I’ve been on some sort of journey in terms of my relationship with God. From age 13, I was always told that I was a Christian and it was imperative to believe in God and go to church etc etc, but not until recent did I actually understand what it means to have a relationship with God. 
I was reading my Bible last night, and I came across the teaching of “FAITH” in the book of Hebrews. (Hebrews11:1) explains that “Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen, it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.” According to the dictionary, Faith is “complete trust or confidence in someone or something” an alternative definition is that faith is a “strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.”
Through this definition, I’ve come to realise how important it is to actually have faith, we hear the word all the time, maybe when your going through something and everything just seems impossible and then someone says “have faith” we never really take it in when they say that but the word itself is so powerful. What distinguishes most believers from everyone else is our ability to have FAITH. We have faith in the things we cannot see, and I know it sounds bizarre but if you believe in the existence of a supreme ultimate being known as GOD in heaven then you are accepting that you have faith. Having faith in something is like making a wish and KNOWING it would come true, not HOPING, that it would come true but believing that it will. I’ll give some examples of situations in my life that many of you might be able to relate to. 
Imagine you just had an exam and you start to feel it dint go as well as planned but you know how hard you worked and didn’t sleep because you were up all night revising like crazy! Now faith is believing that all your hard work was not useless and you would come out with an A or 1st class or 2.1(second class upper) regardless of how you felt the exam went. I know this happens to many of us, sometimes we come out of exam saying “ah the exam was weird blah blah blah” knowing deep inside that we faith we would actually come out with a brilliant result and not doubting the situation, and at the end of the day what happens…BAM! You just magically happened to pass those exams way above average and you start telling you friends “omg I swear i didn’t even read that hard, I don’t know how I got it” RUBBISH! lol You got those grades because you know you worked hard, even if it was last minute and you had faith that u would do well because failure was never an option.
It is through faith that the impossible becomes possible. In hebrews 11:7 “It was by faith that Noah built a large boat to save his family from the flood” Yes we all the know the tale of Noah’s ark and the massive flood, well most of us do. I think this story is actually a great example when it comes to having faith. Back in those days i’m sure noah was probably seen as a laughing stock or a loser to most of his friends because he must have been building that boat for years, I cant even imagine, according to the bible noah was 600 years old X_X wow…so people must have thought this man is actually nuts to be building a boat for a flood that seems impossible to ever occur. However Noah stood his ground and had Faith that what God had told him would come true. In the end what happened….the mighty flood came and who survived? Noah and his family. In my opinion Noah is def a lej (legend) to have carried that faith.
Anyway that was just an example to get my point across how powerful faith is. For most of you starting university this year, waiting for your grades in August to see if you can finally enter the University of your dream, all you need to do is have FAITH :D and you would get there. It’s easier said than done, but the mind is powerful and if you can conceive the idea of getting in then it would surely happen. Best believe!
I may not be the holiest person out there or a preacher but this is how I feIt and thought to share it with you, I hope everything I’ve said kinda made sense and you could relate to it some way or the other in an area of your life. Whether it’s having faith that you would get that job/start that company you’ve always planned for or having faith that you can get back into that relationship that seems impossible to fix, or having faith that you could fix that broken friendship, or having faith that someone in your family or friend can be healed from whatever illness. Oh and how can I miss out..having faith that your favourite football team wins that very important match. ;)
God is faith! #belieedat!
Zephia. x

2 comments:

  1. I concur with everything you've said. Faith in God is key in achieving success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,I'm glad you do and understand how important faith is :)

    ReplyDelete