Monday, August 1, 2011

Fear


Fear to me, is an emotion that can easily control your life. It hinders your ability to do something. Being afraid of something or someone simply means that you have labelled that thing or person as a threat in some way or the other, it's like almost having an anxiety attack when your scared of something.
Okay so what's my point, why am i going on and on about fear. Well I was doing some thinking (yes I'm quite the thinker) and I started remembering times in my life when I've always wanted to do something but couldn't because I was afraid.  I strongly believe that fear is an emotion we tend to let flourish in our lives because sometimes we just cant be bothered to deal with it, after all everyone has a phobia right?  But why should we allow fear get the most of us...think about it.

The most common fear I believe is the fear to Fail. That word "Failure"powerful isn't it.  One thing I've observed is that everyone is always striving to be the best, to be above the competition and not Fail which I think is such a good spirit to have, to be determined and motivated, however we are so afraid of failing in life that in the process of trying not to fail we end up failing because fear just happens to be an influence. (however it can go the other way) Okay Imagine going for an interview or exam, and you are so scared, all you want to do is panic and tell everyone how scared you are this that blah blah. (#Confession-I know i used to do it, tbh it won't be normal if we dint do it at least once nobody is that calm in life ) Anyway back to the topic. By the time you get to the interview or exam you just freeze like totally blank out like one of those zombies in 28days later. Why because of FEAR.


Sometimes people are afraid to be different or show who they really are, we fear that we might not be accepted or loved or seem"cool" because we don't conform to the way society wants us to be. But in all honesty, the way the world works we can't be loved by EVERYONE there would be criticisms here and there, people talking rubbish trying to bring you down but you know what the greatest feeling is, when you end up facing your fears and not giving a care what the world thinks as long as you know God is somehow working in your life.

 Isaiah 41:10-"Don't be afraid, for I am with you, don't be discouraged for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you." I don't think I need to explain in depth what the verse is saying it's self explanatory...basically God is saying don't live in fear. To battle fear we need to have faith by letting God come in and just work his magic because we honestly can't do it alone, yes we might get encouraging talks like what I do on my blog, but at the end of the day I can keep writing and writing and somehow inspire you but you know where the ultimate power lies? With God. My words can only be encouraging to an extent, I bet after you read this post by tomorrow you would forget and go about your business, and you know what that's fine because I can only put a thought in your head, I don't have the power to make you deal with your fears only the Big guy can, so start off by asking Him anything you don't even need to be THAT religious, and you would be surprised just what he can do :)
I know I have doubts and fears, it's perfectly normal so what I'm going to do is take my words into practise and ask God to help me deal with it.

Happy new month!! (I just had to say that because I finished this post at the start of a new month) :D
Stay Blessed&Inspired
Zephia xx

2 comments: