Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Headline-"WORRIES"

(#Its long but trust me read it to the very end :)

I realise that I worry way too much, if something bad is happening around me I automatically start to think of the worst that could possibly happen.
 Given situation, with the riots spreading every where from London to Birmingham to Manchester etc etc. I've been panicking ever since they hit Manchester because I go to university there. Literally the minute it came on the news that it was hit I went nuts and I'm sure people who live there can relate to this. Note I’m actually all the way in Tuscany, Florence to be precise, so I'm nowhere near the rioting but YET I was still panicking and thinking the worst. All these what-if questions started coming to my head.."what if they burn down uni" " what if they burn down my new apartment I just got with my friend" "what if they burn down the favourite milkshake joint my friends and I love going to" and "OMG what if they burn down sakura(it's a club in Manchester btw)" note how petty my what-ifs are meanwhile peoples lives are also at risk .

 So I rang my mom and started complaining about what these unlawful people were doing. Of course, the reason I called her was because I was expecting her to baby me #EPICFAIL at that trial. You know what she said.." Stop it! this is how the world is. They riot everywhere ALL THE TIME. Yes the situation is depressing but there is no reason to cry, first of all you should be thankful to God that you are alive and safe." When she said that, it didn’t even hit me that I was being inconsiderate. But what she said after..."How about in your country Nigeria where they have been burning churches in Abuja and killing Christians like it's nothing, the situation is still on going, and you didn’t call to complain about that when it was happening" OUCH! (one of those mummy talks that burst your bubbles but at the end of the day they are right)Yea that hit me really hard, it just showed how sometimes we are so engulfed with the things going on around us that we forget about the troubles in other parts of the world. Yes there have been words of encouragements, people saying #PrayfortheUK and that's fantastic, but the truth is sadly it's not just the UK that's in a messed up state. It may be the main headline, but there are many troubles elsewhere.  So my own request is #PrayforWorldPeace.

 In relation to me worrying, despite all these horrible things happening, I just had to calm down and actually pray. Not tweet with everyone saying “pray for this and that” but actually just pray by asking God for peace and then I read these verses and I felt so much better:

Philippians 4:6 “Don’t worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for what he has done, then you will experience Gods peace”


1Peter 5:7- “Give all your worries and cares to God for he cares about you”

I just thought to write this, because I’m sure there are many people out there worrying about this and that, It doesn't even have to be about what's going on in the UK. You could be all the way in America or Nigeria or some where in the world reading this post and you might be worrying about something that's going on in your life right now, maybe a job/new business plan, or friends you've fallen out with or family problems i.e health, or finding the "one" or maybe something to do with school. Just concentrate on those two Bible verses i've quoted and believe it! That when you give all your worries to God, he actually has a solution. You may not see it right away, but trust me it's there. 

Stay Blessed&Inspired.
Zephia

No comments:

Post a Comment