Sunday, January 6, 2013

Transitioning

"Anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The Old life is gone; a new life has begun" 2Corinthinas vs17





I like to think that people transition into something new every year, we transform into this entirely different person and begin to adopt certain traits or portray ourselves differently from what others may be used to. I'm not saying you aren't who you are anymore, I'm saying over the years there are challenges we face, which mature us into something different.

There are certain mannerisms you could have had at the start of 2012, and towards the end of the year you may have experienced something positive or negative which helped you grow into the person you are right this very moment. The truth is we are all still growing and when I say growing I don't mean physically but mentally and spiritually. For instance there are certain things that may have bothered me two years ago and now I am so nonchalant towards those things. This isn't because I changed overnight but because life always takes you through challenges that help you transition into who you are now and your perception of the world and people around you begin to change

Don't get me wrong there are times I fall back into old habits, doing the things I'm not supposed to or acting out and not representing myself the way I know I should. I guess sometimes our body just seems to have so much power over us, but the beautiful thing is we always have this conscience telling us we are wrong and for me that little voice is The Holy Spirit. Some people can't recognize what is wrong anymore because they have ignored this voice for such a long time it's almost impossible to feel bad when you have done something wrong. But He says:
"I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stubborn stony heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. And I will put my spirit in you so that you will follow my decrees and be careful to obey my regulations" Ezekiel 36:26

You see, God has made it clear that he is in each and everyone of us, so regardless of how many times we make the same mistake, we have no business feeling like a lost cause. We need to accept the Holy Spirit is in us, therefore by FAITH we are a NEW creation spiritually. You are the better version of yourself if you believe it, you are not a waste regardless of what people say, you are not a slut, a gossip, mean, cheater, thief, liar etc and all the horrible things that life throws at you. You are a NEW creation because God has said so and you have a new heart to change, so whenever you hear that little voice in your head or you feel it in your heart to not do something maybe you need to pay close attention to that voice. This is how I literally get myself out of situations when I find myself loosing track and doing things I know I shouldn't do. I force myself to listen to that voice and I believe once we start listening, this is when we transition into the people we are supposed to be. Change isn't going to come overnight like I've said. It's a learning curve, baby steps one at a time.
We need to accept that we are fallible, we will be tested, tempted, tried, and a whole lot of negative influences to take you in the opposite direction of what you're trying to achieve or who you are trying to become, but it is alright for those things to happen because in life we need to make mistakes to realise we are wrong and then head in the right direction.

My prayer is that this New Year we transition into who we are called to be, so whatever New Year resolution you've made remember it's going to be a gradual process not just sudden change but don't give up!
I didn't really have a resolution this year but I'm aiming to to take this blog to a different level and be more consistent with my posts! I have so much I want to share with you all and I pray it only inspires you and transforms you. Trust me as I write, I am no where near perfect I make the same mistakes so for me writing keeps me in check and pushes me towards God.

Happy New Year everyone!
Thank you to all my readers who have been sources of encouragement for the past two years!
Live and Love your life because you are wonderfully made! :)


p.s don't forget to subscribe/follow by email (top right)
you can also ask me anything as anon in the comment section and I'll reply
This blog is all about interaction not just reading!


Zephia. xx

2 comments:

  1. *applauds* Well done! I don't think this could've been written any better. it was nit only inspiring but thought-provoking. I hope you fulfil your hopes of taking this blog x

    www.say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww zeph fierce. ;) Keep posting more often love, I read them all :)
    Happy new year gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete