Monday, November 28, 2011

"Make me better" by Mali Music



"How can I reach out to someone else when I ain't got it together myself"

Whenever I listen to this song, it amazes me how much sense it makes and how I can relate to the message. The way people listen to music is so different, especially how we interpret certain messages. To me, this song is about a conversation with God, explaining how weak and no where near perfection we are with the type of person He wants us to be. I think this is the bitter truth most Christians find difficult to admit. That they are NOT perfect, nobody is. We have our weaknesses and our strengths, and most times in life we tend to give in to our weaknesses and live our life a certain way that isn't exactly "best behaved person" of the year. Honestly, I think it's fine as long as we end up realising our faults and confessing our sins. It seems like it's the only way we can move forward with God by admitting that we are sinners but the Important thing is that we try! That is all that matters, regardless of how we appear or what preconceived idea people have of us. With time the better version of you starts to come out if we just keep fighting for it.

The verse that really touches me in the song goes like this. "How can I reach out to someone else when I aint got it together myself" I relate so much with that saying because I guess that's exactly how I feel with this blog. I see myself as a voice speaking out to many young people going through the struggle of having that relationship with God but at the same time it's hard to make a balance with the way we live our life. Most times, I feel like who am I to encourage others about Christian things when I myself fall short from living that way. It's hard but I guess this is when the issue of God seeing the heart comes in. The Important thing is that we try :)

Stay Blessed&Inspired!
Zephia. xx



6 comments:

  1. *Applause*
    I enjoyed reading this, points well made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mali music !
    Such a talented Man of God
    Love young people who are into Christ!! (now following)
    I think as people who Abide in Christ we just have to remember that we all fall short but through Jesus Christ we can be made whole, into a new creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True talking!
    i can relate to mail music lyrics
    it alway touches me, he is truley annointed by God and i hope and pray that he continues to be the inspiration he already is.
    stay blessed! X

    ReplyDelete